Bsc. Physiotherapy, Utrecht University of Applied Science
Stefan graduated from Utrecht University, The Netherlands in 2011. His genuine passion and desire to help other people paired with an interest in biology resulted in taking on a physiotherapy degree. After graduating he has worked in a variety of clinics and settings across the world. Starting out in a small Dutch country town, via the Caribbean and Kathmandu to Berlin. This is where he met his partner Jess and explains how he eventually ended up in North-East Victoria.
Stefan has a broad range of experience in private practice as well as in disability care.
His main interests are paediatrics, sports injuries, post-operative rehabilitation, knee and hip injuries, neck and low back pain as well as working with people with disabilities.
After completing a thorough assessment, Stefan utilises tailored exercise programs, hands-on therapy and education to provide an individualised approach to address his patient’s goals, whether this be returning to sport, work or daily life pain-free.
In his free time, he enjoys going for a walk in the bush with his dog Ziggy, tinkering in his shed, cooking exotic meals while dreaming of travelling the parts of the world he hasn’t seen yet. He likes to go for a swim in summer and enjoys hitting the slopes in winter.
- Stefan speaks 4 different languages but can order a coffee in 10.
- He enjoys working with kids, which is probably because he has never really grown up himself.
- Stefan is a multi-threat, although he’s a trained physio he has also spent time as a kayak instructor, pizza chef, builder/handyman and mechanic.
- Stefan owned and operated Scoop 21 throughout the pandemic, a social enterprise café and pizza shop in Yackandandah employing young people with special needs.
- He is a part of the Eldorado Road and Eldorado Orchards family, you will probably spot him from time to time at a local farmers market.
Stefan works out of our Beechworth clinic and is available on Monday afternoons, Wednesday and Friday mornings, as well as every other Saturday morning.