B. Physiotherapy (La Trobe)
James graduated from La Trobe University with a Bachelor of Physiotherapy in 2011. James' professional interests include treatment of sporting injuries and other musculoskeletal conditions, migraines and general aches and pains.
Utilizing a wide range of biomechanical assessment techniques to diagnose musculoskeletal disorders / diseases hands on manual therapy, exercise programs and massage as well as some alternative therapies including taping and dry needling to assist patients recover and achieve their goals. James has worked with a number of the local sporting clubs in the area including;
- Melbourne Heart FC in their inaugural A-League season (member of the massage and recovery team)
- Macleod Football and Netball Club
- Heidelberg United Soccer Club (men’s and women’s)
- Clifton Hill FC
- Ivanhoe Cricket Club
- Banyule Cricket Club
James not only enjoys helping people feel better and achieve the most and has over the years spent many hours as a patient in this very clinic with various sporting injuries.
James consults from the Heidelberg location.
FUN FACTS about James
- Dad joke enthusiast
- Prefers treating patients while wearing 'happy socks'
- Still claims to be the best strapper in the Northern Football League
- Completed the 2019 Oxfam trailwalker 100km walk (21hrs and a whole lot of blisters!)
- 2022 Melbourne Marathon completed in a time of 2:56.43
- Regularly refers to himself as the "mayor of Banyule"
- Was once told he looks like Jason Statham and has never let that go
James consults out of our Heidelberg clinic on Monday afternoons, Tuesday mornings, Thursday afternoons, and Fridays.
He can also be found at our Warrandyte clinic on Monday mornings and Wednesday afternoons.