This blog post will be updated regularly for information regarding Covid-19 (Coronavirus) and our clinic network.
Firstly, it is important to know that we are OPEN for business as usual. Physiotherapy is included as one of the 4 reasons to leave the home. Make sure you keep your appointment confirmation / reminder handy as proof of appointment.
We have further increased our already stringent infection control procedures. This includes:
Maintaining our therapist personal hygiene to the current high standards including regular hand washing and use of hand sanitiser.
Increased vigilance on the wiping down and sanitising of all surfaces and equipment.
Removal of magazines and lollies (sorry!)
Advising patients to limit their time spent in the waiting room.
Staff are even more hypervigilant to remain home from work if feeling at all unwell.
We have updated our face shield paper towelling.
Application of Zoono surface protection
All patients and staff wearing masks. Physiotherapists wearing face-shields and masks.
From Monday 10th August, all physios will remain at one site only. This will be in effect until stage 4 restrictions have been lifted in Metropolitan Melbourne.
We are constantly monitoring the situation as it progresses and will continue to follow the best advice available from our health authorities.
Up to date information can be found at https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/coronavirus-covid-19-news-and-media
Try to avoid the less reputable reporting of this. Certain sites are not posting the current best guidelines and information. This itself can cause unnecessary panic and anxiety.
Important information for patients:
***Please RESCHEDULE your appointment if you are:
- Feeling unwell
- Have a fever
- Experiencing shortness of breath
- Have arrived from any overseas country within the last 2 weeks or had contact with anyone suspected of or confirmed as having the COVID-19 virus.
- Please try to arrive in the waiting room no longer than 2 mins before your appointment time to maintain current social distancing measures. If you would like to wait in your car, please inform us. We are happy to come and get you when your appointment is due to start.
- Upon entry and exit. It is a condition that you use the provided alcohol rub. No exceptions.
- Maintain good personal hygiene by:
- Covering your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue
- Disposing of tissues properly
- Washing your hands often with soap and water, including before and after eating and after going to the toilet
- Using alcohol-based hand sanitisers
- Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces
- If you are sick, avoiding ALL contact with others
- Abiding by social distance guidelines - staying more than 1.5 metres away from people
- Cleaning and sanitising frequently used objects such as mobiles, keys and wallets
- Avoid touching your face
- Wear a face covering when leaving the home.
We will continue to keep everyone regularly updated. We will continue to provide the same high level of care to patients in need.
Australia will get through this and continue to be the great country that we are!